Pure Maths

 This adventure is a slight return to my STEM intended blog, where I will discuss my thoughts on the pure maths I have done so far.

I am currently on summer holiday and rather than look forward to year 13 and prepare I need to reflect on year 12 and where I could have done more so I can do well in year 13. For pure maths I managed 88/100, which ended up being an A2, which was my average grade for the year (A1 is the highest you could achieve). This is all good and I'm happy with the end result, but a part of me feels empty because the exam is 2 hours long and it took me 1 hour to finish the whole exam and I spent the next hour pretending to drive an F1 car with my lanyard. Looking back I was arrogant and thought that I achieved the highest in the year, I got the 3rd highest and was only beat by 4 marks, but after averaging 96% in my last 5 tests leading up to the final exam I felt gutted. Overall I should've spent more time revising in detail rather than watching the Euros, the Euros really made me under achieve (not by much tho considering my final grade).

However I have year 13 maths to do completely new maths compared to year 12 and I'm doing some of the year 13 maths and while it is the same level of maths ability (algebra wise) its a new way to use the maths and I guess I'm still adjusting to it.

Proof by Contradiction is horrible, I really don't like it.

Comments

  1. What do you mean, proof by contradiction is great! Say the people who like the mundane far too much.

    On a serious note, as someone who has somehow got through A Level Maths far too quickly, don't rush it - it will only make the experience worse (then again I know your teachers probably aren't so kind).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts